The mission of the College of Arts & Sciences is to promote in students the development of competency in inquiry and problem-solving skills, communication skills and ethical interaction with the contemporary social world. This mission is accomplished through six encompassing and mutually informative core outcomes - each characterized by the focused use of Embry-Riddle resources and commitment to quality education.
General education competencies are a part of every degree program at Embry-Riddle. Developing these core competencies can help you both in your professional and academic endeavors. The college focuses on developing students’ critical thinking, quantitative reasoning, information literacy, communication, scientific literacy, cultural literacy, and lifelong personal growth skills.
Meet the Dean
Dr. Alexander Siedschlag
Alexander Siedschlag, Ph.D., M.A., joined Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in July 2022 as Dean and Professor of the College of Arts & Sciences at the Worldwide Campus. As the College Dean, he is responsible for the academic and administrative leadership of the college as well as for engaging with the whole community of its constituents and stakeholders.
- COMPASS Helps This Eagle Set a Course for Success
- Witnessing Car Wreck as a Teen Inspires Eagle To Dedicate Himself to Emergency Services
- Embry-Riddle Welcomes New College of Arts & Sciences Dean
- Embry-Riddle Leads Way in Fusing Humanities, STEM Programs
- U.S. News & World Report Names Embry-Riddle No. 1 for Online Bachelor’s Programs and Online Bachelor's Programs for Veterans
- COMPASS program gives students guidance, direction