Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – Worldwide serves a large veteran population. The Veterans Affairs Office is committed to assisting all veterans, whether recently discharged, currently still serving, or the spouse or dependent of a disabled veteran.

For information about using your VA Education benefits at Embry-Riddle, please review the VA Student Handbook.

If you have any questions throughout the VA application process, you may request assistance from the Worldwide Veterans Affairs Office by calling 855-785-0001 or 386-226-7363, or by emailing wwva@erau.edu.

VA Enrollment Certifications (22-1999) for all locations are submitted by the Worldwide Veterans Affairs Office.

Ready to Get Started?

The following information will help guide you in using your Veterans Affairs Education Benefits at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Worldwide

Apply for Benefits

To get started, you must first submit an application for benefits:

  1. Go to the Veterans Online Application page and create an account.
  2. Next, fill out and submit the form that corresponds to the benefit you are applying for. Visit VA Education Programs to determine your eligibility.
    • VA Form 22-1990 for chapters 30, 33, 1606
    • VA Form 22-5490 for chapter 35
    • VA Form 22-1990E for chapter 33 as a dependent child or spouse of a service member. To transfer benefits from a service member to a dependent or spouse, you must first submit a transfer request with the Department of Defense.

Contact Your Advisor

In order to minimize delay, please contact your academic advisor once you have completed and submitted all required documentation. They will help you register for courses.

Send Us Your Certificate of Eligibility

Once your education benefits are approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs, you should receive a Certificate of Eligibility by mail. Please fax a copy to the Embry-Riddle Worldwide Veterans Affairs office at 386-323-8816. 

Officially Change Your Program or University

Anytime you change your degree program (major) or university, you must submit documentation notifying the Department of Veterans Affairs. Go to the Veterans Online Application site and complete one of the following documents:

  • VA Form 22-1995 for chapters 30, 33, 1606
  • VA Form 22-5495 for chapter 35 only

Upon completion, please fax a copy to the Embry-Riddle Worldwide Veterans Affairs office at 386-323-8816.

Request to Use Your Benefits

Each term, you will need to complete and submit the Payment Intent Form after you have registered for classes.

If a veteran using Post 9/11 GI Bill® at the 100% benefit level has tuition that exceeds the annual limit  $26,381.37. (2022-2023). Embry-Riddle will provide a Yellow Ribbon Scholarship to one half of the uncovered tuition, and the Department of Veterans Affairs will match the other half.

If you believe this benefit applies to you, please complete and submit the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship Application to your campus.

Students using Chapter 31 Veteran Readiness and Employment benefits (VR&E, formerly known as Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment) are encouraged to contact the ERAU Worldwide Disability Support Services Office to discuss any potential academic accommodations needed during your attendance. It is the student’s responsibility to initiate the accommodation process, request for services and/or support

Contact Us

Military and Veterans Student Services
1 Aerospace Boulevard
Daytona Beach, FL 32114


Need additional information about your Tuition Assistance and GI Bill® benefits?

Review the DANTES Desktop Reference for Education Benefits

How Much Will It Cost?

Estimate your cost of attendance and amount of financial aid.

Launch the Net Price Calculator