Applying for Graduation
If you are pursuing a certificate, please do not apply for graduation for the certificate when you have finished the requirements. Your center or advisor should submit the appropriate paperwork for processing. Graduation applications for certificates will be cancelled.
Masters students - $100
Doctoral students - $150
Additional Diploma - $60 per copy
Graduation applications submitted at the same time should be charged only one graduation application fee, but diploma fees will be added on every application that a duplicate diploma was requested.
These charges will be applied to your account and are non-refundable. Fees are payable through Campus Solutions. Submission of multiple graduation applications may result in multiple charges.
When you apply for graduation, your records are reviewed and your degree will be posted if complete. If you’re not degree complete at that time, your graduation application is placed in a review status.
At the end of each term, the Graduation Team begins a daily process of reviewing a report of posted grades and checking those students for completion. Your degree cannot be posted until all grades for the term have been posted by the instructors to the official transcript. Generally, degrees are posted within 2 business days of the final grade being posted, but processing time may vary depending on the size of the term and holidays.
- You must have completed at least 45 credit hours in residence at ERAU.
- Your cumulative grade point average (CGPA) for all Embry-Riddle courses determines the level of graduation honors based on the below chart:
- Summa cum laude – 3.900 – 4.000 CGPA
- Magna cum laude – 3.7000 – 3.899 CGPA
- Cum Laude – 3.500 – 3.699 CGPA
- The honors level will appear on your diploma and academic transcript with the degree information.
For Masters degrees only, students are recognized through the inclusion of the notation “With Distinction” in accordance with the following criteria:
- You must have completed your graduate studies with a CGPA of 4.000, based on grades received in all ERAU graduate coursework.
- “In Distinction” will appear your diploma and academic transcript with the degree information.
- Your Name – You are able to enter the name you would like on your diploma, but it must be some version of your legal name. Proper documentation is required for name changes prior to diploma printing or a duplicate may need to be purchased once documentation has been provided. Titles and/or military ranks are included.
- Degree Name – Only the main program name will appear on your diploma – no specializations or minors will appear. Separate certificates are not provided for specializations or minors.
- Degree Honors – If you earn honors, they will be listed below the degree name.
- Term Date – This is the same date shown in the Degrees Awarded section on your transcript. Please see the Degree Conferral section for how this date is determined.
This is not a substitute for the graduation application. If you have not completed the program you are requesting a duplicate diploma for, please click here to apply for graduation.
Doctoral and Masters students should be degree complete in order to participate in a ceremony. Undergraduate students may participate in a ceremony if they are within 12 hours of degree completion.
Since honors are awarded at the time of degree conferral, if you opt to participate in a ceremony in a ceremony prior to degree completion, you will not be able to participate with honors during the ceremony. In addition, you will not be mailed honor cords/distinction medallions once your degree has been conferred. These items may be purchased after your degree has been conferred by contacting the Graduation Team.
It is always best to apply for graduation prior to the graduation application deadline for the ceremony that you wish to attend. Please email the Graduation Team with questions regarding ceremony participation.
You will receive your regalia (cap, gown, tassel and hood for Masters students). If your degree has been posted at the time of the ceremony, honor cords for Bachelors students or distinction medallion for Masters students will also be provided. When crossing the stage, you will be presented with a padded diploma cover. These are Embry-Riddle’s gift to you for attending a Worldwide ceremony.
Diplomas are not presented at a commencement ceremony. All diplomas are mailed to students after degree completion, which may be prior to or following a ceremony.
The Graduation Team now has the ability to help you purchase any portion of regalia (tassel, hood, honor cords, distinction medallions, cap or gown) if you are unable to participate in a ceremony. Regalia is sold only to students who are degree complete. Honor cords and distinction medallions will be sold only to students who earned those honors.
Please email the Graduation Team, including what items you wish to purchase and contact information where you can be reached.
Graduating Students: Visit the Campus Solutions Student Center to apply for graduation, view your graduation status, or pay your graduation application fee.
Contact Office of the Registrar
1 Aerospace Boulevard
Daytona Beach, FL 32114 US
Phone: 866-393-9046 Option 2