Request Information Apply Now
Call: (800) 522-6787

International Students

To continue enriching our globally diverse student body, Embry-Riddle Worldwide welcomes students at many global  locations. No matter where you choose to study, you can always count on the same level of prestige.

We offer professional adult learners from around the globe the opportunity to earn degrees in aviation, aerospace and related industries by living and studying in the United States. Online degrees are an option for students who wish to remain in their country of residence.

An international student is defined as any non-United States citizen intending to study at campuses located outside the United States, students who live outside of the United States enrolled through Embry-Riddle Online, as well as non-residents and non-immigrants planning to study in the United States. This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.

Undergraduate and Graduate Admission Requirements
International applicants must submit the application for admission 90 days prior to the term start date. The following items are also required:

Foreign Credential Evaluation
All international undergraduate and graduate applicants who have any educational experience outside the United States are required to provide an official course-by-course evaluation to include the cumulative grade point average. The evaluation must be certified by one of the Foreign Credential Evaluation Services (FCE) approved by Embry-Riddle. A fee is charged for the service and must be paid by the applicant directly to the FCE.

If a student has graduate-level work (either transfer or advanced standing) that is indicated on the foreign credential evaluation as meeting the requirements for an undergraduate degree, it will not be reviewed for applicability toward an Embry-Riddle graduate degree.

Educational systems differ country by country. The following services are well versed in providing a comparison of a country’s education system to that of the United States system. This comparison includes education levels, credits and grades.

The report is considered official only if mailed from the agency directly to Embry-Riddle. The approved agencies are:

American Association of Collegiate
Registrars and Admissions Officers
One DuPont Circle NW, Suite 520
Washington, DC 20036
Tel 202-293-9161,
Fax 202-872-8857

World Education Services, Inc.
Bowling Green Station
PO Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087
Tel 212-966-6311,
Fax 212-739-6100

International Education
Research Foundation, Inc.

PO Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231
Tel 310-258-9451,
Fax 310-342-7086

Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
International Education Consultants
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Tel 305-273-1616, Fax 305-273-1338
Translations 305-273-1984

Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc.
P.O. Box 6908
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Tel 310-275-3530, Fax 310-275-3528

Education Credentials Evaluators (ECE)
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
Tel 414-289-3400, Fax 141-289-3411

English Language Requirements
Applicants for whom English is not the primary language must:
  • Applicants for whom English is not the primary language must:
  • Attain a minimum score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 550 (paper based), 213 (computer based) or 79-80 (Internet based) – OR –
  • Attain a minimum score on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) of 6.0 – OR –
  • Attain a minimum score on the Cambridge English Language Assessment of 170 – OR –
  • Successfully complete a college-level English Composition course with a grade of “C” or better from an accredited degree-granting institution – OR –
  • TOEFL, IELTS, and Cambridge Exam scores must be sent directly to Embry-Riddle by the testing agency.

For testing dates and locations, please use the contact information below:

TOEFL Services - Worldwide Campus school code 2860
Educational Testing Service
P.O. Box 6151
Princeton, NJ 08541-6151
1-609-771-7100 (Worldwide)

IELTS International Services - Worldwide Campus school code 5190
825 Colorado Boulevard, Suite 201
Los Angeles, CA 90041 USA
Telephone: 323-255-2771

Cambridge English Language Assessment
1 Hills Road
United Kingdom Tel: +44 1223 553997

Important Information Concerning F-1 Student Status

For the most current information about educational opportunities in the United States, please contact your local U.S. Embassy, Consulate or Office for referral to an overseas educational advisor or visit the U.S. Department of State's website and The Department of Homeland Security's website. eduPASS, is a SmartStudent Guide to studying in the USA.

F-1 Academic Student Visa

F-1 Visa Process

  1. Applicant applies to an F-1 approved Worldwide Campus
  2. Applicant meets Embry-Riddle’s international admissions requirements
  3. International Student Counselor sends the student a Certificate of Eligibility (Form SEVIS I-20) upon receipt of necessary documentation from applicant
  4. Student submits SEVIS fee
  5. Upon receipt of verification of admission and the I-20, student contacts the nearest U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate in their country of residence and applies for an F-1 visa
  6. Consular officer reviews application and determines eligibility for issuance of the F-1
  7. Student arrives at the U.S. Port of Entry (POE)
  8. Immigration officer at the POE reviews passport, F-1 visa, and I-20 and if applicable, admits the student in F-1 status and stamping I-94 (arrival/departure record)

Maintaining F-1 Student Status

All F-1 students are admitted to the United States for duration of status. Maintaining status requires the following:
  • Enroll, attend and complete as a full-time student (six credit hours) each nine-week term beginning in January, March, May, August and October. Make normal academic progress
  • Maintain a valid passport at least six months in advance of expiration
  • File a change of address with the International Student Counselor within 10 days of moving
  • Do not participate in unauthorized employment
  • Obey state and federal laws
  • Depart the United States within 60 days of completing degree program, post-graduation work authorization or have a change of status in process
Non-compliance will result in termination of F-1 status. A 15-day departure grace period is granted for students who request an authorized early withdrawal.

Services Provided to F-1 Students
  • Advisement on U.S. immigration policy such as change of status, employment or reinstatement to F-1 status
  • Advisement on personal concerns like adjusting to the U.S. culture and communication skills

Other Services Provided
  • Communicate with prospective international students wanting to attend a U.S. campus
  • Principal contact with U.S. and Foreign Consulates and Embassies
  • Official representative for Embry-Riddle Worldwide to the Department of Homeland Security

F-2 Spouse/ Dependents
Spouses and dependents of F-1 students are eligible to apply for F-2 visas. F-1 students must demonstrate they have sufficient funds for financial support. F-2 spouses are not allowed to work in the United States or to enroll in courses to earn a degree. F-2 dependents can attend primary or secondary schools in the United States.

Health Insurance
F-1 students must have health insurance per state law and University requirements as a condition of enrollment. Contact the International Student Counselor for information if you do not carry a policy covering you in the United States.

There are no on-campus employment opportunities at Worldwide Campuses. Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optional Practical Training (OPT) are permitted after the student has been enrolled for one academic year. CPT must be an integral part of the curriculum in the student's course of study. OPT is available to full-time students as part-time employees or full-time employees after program completion in their field of study. F-1 students must apply for OPT 90 days prior to or 60 days after graduation. The I-20 will be updated with the OPT request by the Designated School Official. F-1 students cannot work until approved by the U.S. Customs and Immigration Service and they receive an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). For more information, contact the International Student Counselor.

Criminal Activity
Engaging in any criminal activity will jeopardize F-1 status. Be sure to contact the International Student Services Office if you are concerned about the legality of anything you are involved with.

Student Visas
Keep your I-20, passport, and I-94 card in a safe place at all times. If you are traveling within the U.S., carry these documents with you. You can view student visa information online.
Campuses Authorized to Enroll F-1 Students

International students intending to study in the United States must possess an F-1 visa. The following Worldwide Campuses are authorized to enroll F-1 students: 

Have a Question?

Student Help Center
Search the Student Help Center
Schedule a Call
Speak with an enrollment counselor
Email us with a question
Chat Now!
Enrollment counselors are standing by from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST.
2013-2014 Embry-Riddle Worldwide Catalog

Student Spotlight

Felix Estico smallOur students come for more than an enriching learning experience — they come to fully immerse themselves in their passion. Read about our featured student.

Apply Now
Chat with Us