While finishing her bachelor’s degree in Aviation Business Administration from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Worldwide Campus, Sydney Humbert was able to implement what she learned and earned college credits while working as a government liaison for an aviation training company.
Would you ride in a driverless ambulance? In three separate studies, about half of 1,028 U.S. adults were significantly less willing to be lifted into an automated ambulance, compared with a conventional one, researchers from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Florida Institute of Technology reported on March 6.
In an effort to fill the need for highly skilled professionals in the anticipated more than half-million tech jobs in the next few years, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Worldwide Campus has announced the next phase of its partnership with Microsoft Corp. to include a new specialization for active-duty service members and veterans in Cybersecurity Administration.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Board of Trustees has named Dr. P. Barry Butler, Executive Vice President and Provost at the University of Iowa, as the sixth president of the world’s leading institution of higher education focusing on aviation, aerospace and research.
In recognition of its high-quality education focused on student engagement and world-class faculty, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Worldwide has been ranked No. 1 in U.S. News & World Report’s 2017 list for best online bachelor’s degrees in the nation.
Stress isn’t always a bad thing. This common reaction can trigger a fight or flight response that can help us push through obstacles or fear. But when levels reach an unhealthy level, stress can be debilitating and lead to long-term health issues. With finals on the horizon, this can be a challenging time for students.
“It’s typical that end-of-semester stress is higher,” said Linda Bloom, director of the Embry-Riddle Counseling Center. “Students are feeling the pressure and demands of completing projects, papers, and prepare for final exams.”
Not sure how to lower your stress level? Here are some tips:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Worldwide recently was named one of the nation’s Best Online Engineering Degree Programs for 2016 by CollegeChoice.net, an independent online service for prospective college students and their families.
NASA Astronaut (Retired), Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Board of Trustee Member, Embry-Riddle graduate (DB ’87), artist and advocate for Science and Art Education Nicole Stott will be the keynote speaker for the Prescott Campus’ commencement ceremony to be held Saturday, Dec. 17.
Parrot, a leading manufacturer of small unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS), and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Worldwide Campus have announced a new academic partnership that will promote curriculum development and the dissemination of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) research and real-world applications.
Last Update 10/10/16 1:15 p.m.
Oct. 10 – 1:00 PM Update – Embry-Riddle Set to Fully Reopen Tuesday, October 11th.
As clean-up efforts continue in Volusia County from Hurricane Matthew, Embry-Riddle is set to reopen for classes and resume normal business operations at the Daytona Beach Campus and Worldwide Headquarters on Tuesday, October 11th. As of midday today, minor safety issues continue to be discovered and quickly addressed by grounds and facilities crews. A room-by-room sweep of buildings is in process and minor repairs are being performed. Power outages still affect some athletics facilities and a downed power line persists near the alumni/print shop/marketing buildings on the corner of Clyde Morris and Richard Petty Boulevards (it is well marked, but continue to use caution).
STUDENT SUPPORT/RESIDENCE HALLS
- Chancellor Brady will meet with Deans tomorrow to discuss any needed modifications to the Fall Academic Calendar.
- The Student Center is open for students to reconnect with classmates, utilize dining services and access WiFi. The small computer lab in the Student Center has been reopened. Please bring your Eagle Card.
- The Eagle Fitness Center is open until 8 p.m. tonight. Please bring your Eagle Card.
- Dining services has returned to normal operations and hosted students, safety and grounds staff for a BBQ lunch today.
- All residence halls are open and fully operational. Students can return directly to their rooms and should contact their Resident Advisor.
- University professional and residence life staff are on duty to assist returning students.
- Students and employees are advised to properly dispose of food left in refrigerators.
- We are encouraged by the stories of leadership and community service being performed by our students around the area and their assistance in cleanup efforts on the campus. Please make us aware of these stories by emailing University Communications.
- Parts of Volusia County remain without power. We continue to monitor the situation in our local community and work with city and county leaders.
- National Guardsmen and electrical crews departed the ICI Center this morning very appreciative of our Eagle hospitality.
- Embry-Riddle is extending offers of support to other institutions that have not fared as well in the storm.
Please continue to monitor local news, check your email, follow the campus’ Facebook page, and monitor Embry-Riddle's Newsroom for updates.